Work Permit / Job Search

Job Search Image

Work Permits

Work Permits for PUSD students 16-18
Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work. In most cases, it is a two-step process, the minor along with the parent/guardian and employer fill out the B1-1 form and submit to the school local to the minor's address. The school district reviews the B1-1 form and issues the B1-4 (Work Permit).
Due to the COVID19, The ROP Department will be able to issue Work Permits Via by Mail and Phone Communications. Parents/Guardians requesting a work permit for their student please email:
Career Builder Logo
Glassdoor Logo
Indeed Logo
Monster Logo
Zip Recruiter Logo