At Park West students can earn 90 credits during the regular school year. Students can recover an extra 15 credits a semester and a total of an extra 30 credits a year.
Semester 1 Semester 2
Regular school: total of 30 credits total of 30 credits = 60 credits yearly
Alternative Ed: total of 45 credits total of 45 credits= 90 credits yearly
Additional credit recovery options:
6th period classes after school- can gain a minimum of 20 credits in addition to the 90 credits
CTECH- currently being offered online due to covid. Classes are offered 2x’ s a week=10credits
Mt Sac- currently being offered online due to covid. Classes are 4x’s a week=5 credits per class
Work Experience-gain an extra 10 credits if you are currently employed.
Information to Be Aware of:
- Your counselor will provide you with a 2 year plan or a graduation plan at the beginning of the school year.
- Please complete a Counseling Form if you need to meet with a counselor regarding classes, credit recovery, work experience, college/career or any personal matters that are affecting your ability to focus or complete your classes.
- Use your tracking tool that is provided by your classroom teacher for assignment management and credits
- Be aware of the curriculum posted by your teacher that describes the amount of completed work needed to earn your credits and the status of your grade.
- Join additional on-line counselor’s weekly zoom meetings for an extra magic stamp that can be used for one homework assignment.
- Be aware of any extra opportunities to collect magic stamps that can be used for an assignment
- Weekly meetings with your counselor and parent will be necessary if you are identified as at risk of not graduating.